DOUBLE SIDED RACECLOCKS
Double Sided LED Raceclocks, utilizes two internal sealed lead-acid batteries for clock operation. With fresh, fully charged batteries installed, the clock will operate for approximately 10 hours. These batteries, EN part number 860-007, are 6V and are connected internally in series to provide 12V operating voltage. Battery kit, 1207-6XL-BK provides the correct replacement batteries and the digit rivits which are removed during battery replacement.
BATTERY REPLACEMENT PROCEDURE
To replace the batteries, it is necessary to partially disassemble the clock.
- Tools required are a philips screwdriver, razor blade knife, 7/16” nut driver and small needlenose pliers. The clock power switch should be in the OFF position
- Using a Philips screwdriver, remove the 8 screws on the end of the clock that has the panel-mount fuse. With the clock upright, remove the four screws on the top (2A), turn the clock over (2B) and remove the 4 screws on the bottom (2C & 2D).
- Carefully remove the end rail and place slightly to one side. Be careful of the wiring attached to the panel.
- Slide the two red windows out of the clock. Side one is to access the batteries, side 2 is to prevent damage to the window when replacing the batteries.
- Lay the clock down as shown.
- It is necessary to remove all of the black digit boards from one side of the clock by removing the plastic rivits. Using small needle-nose plyers and/or a small straight-slot screwdriver, pry the tops of the rivits out of the boards. The rivits are not reusable and new rivits are supplied in the battery kit
- With the rivits removed, carefully lift all 5 (or 6) digits out of the clock laying them on the table as shown.
- Disconnect the white power connector from the logic board.
- a) Using a rasor blade knife, cut the silicone holding the battery wires to the battery terminals. b) Remove the four wires from the battery terminals being careful to tag the black wire as shown
- a) Move the battery charger power cord out of the way. b) Remove the two battery clamp bolts. c) Remove the battery clamp top channel.
- Remove the batteries carefully noting the orientation of the batteries
- a) Replace the batteries carefully noting the orientation of the batteries. b) Replace the battery clamp top bracket.
- Replace the two battery clamp bolts being careful not to pinch any wiring. Gently tighten the bolts being sure the batteries are straight and the battery terminals are not touching the bolts.
- Connect the battery wires being sure the tagged wire goes to the negative terminal as shown.
- a) Apply a small amout of silicone to the 4 battery terminals to prevent the wires from disconnecing. b) Connect the white power connector to the logic board
- With the clock wiring connected, test the clock operation by turning on the power switch and verifying that both sides of the clock are indicating “C”. Turn off the power switch.
- Remove the old rivits from the digit boards and then install the digits back on top of the plastic spacers being careful not to pinch the grey ribbon cable on the back side.
- Install new rivits (supplied in the battery kit) and push down to lock using a screwdriver handle or other smooth tool.
- Replace the two windows.
- Replace the end rail and the eight end rail screws with the smaller screws at the corners