RACECLOCK, MODELS 507-4XL
“4” Digit LED Clock Replacements Battery Kit (860-001)
Raceclock model 507-4XL utilizes one internal sealed lead-acid batterie for clock operation. With a fresh, fully charged batterie installed, the clock will operate for approximately 10 hours. Battery, EN part number 860-001, provides 12V operating voltage
BATTERY REPLACEMENT PROCEDURE
- To replace the battery, it is necessary to partially disassemble the clock. Tools required are a philips screwdriver, razor blade knife and 7/16” nut driver. The clock power switch should be in the OFF position.
- Using a philips screwdriver, remove the 4 screws on the end of the clock that has the panel mount fuse. With the clock upright, remove the 2 screws on the top corners (2A) and the 2 screws on the bottom corners (2B).
- Carefully remove the end rail and place slightly to one side. Be careful of the wiring attached to the backside of the rail.
- Slide the black plastic back panel and the window out of the clock. The window is only removed to prevent damage when replacing the batteries. Lay the clock down on the window side.
- Move the battery charger power cord out of the way and then remove the two 1/4” battery clamp bolts and the battery clamp
- Lift the battery from the clock. Using a rasor blade knife, cut the silicone holding the battery wires to the battery terminals. Be careful not to cut the wires.
- Remove the red and black battery wires from the battery terminals. Replace the old battery with the new battery and reconnect the battery wires being sure the red wire goes to the red (positive) terminal.
- Replace the battery clamp and the two battery clamp bolts being sure the battery is centered under the clamp and in the clock.
- Apply a small amount of silicone on the battery terminals between the terminal and the battery to hold the terminals in place. Test the clock operation by turning on the power switch. Turn off the power switch and replace the back panel and window.
- Replace the 4 corner screws